dekhona.com and Your Privacy
dekhona.com is a video sharing community which provides you and many other visitors, guests ("Users") with an easy way to post and share videos online, and add meaningful metadata and comments to videos. You do not need to be registered to search or view public videos on dekhona.com, however you must be a registered member of dekhona.com or other websites owned or operated by dekhona.com ("dekhona.com sites") to post.
- User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name, gender, postal address, date of birth and Email address) to dekhona.com when choosing to participate in various activities on the dekhona.com Sites such as uploading videos, posting messages in our forums or in the video comments section, entering contests or sweepstakes, taking advantage of promotions, responding to surveys, or subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists.
- Cookies Information: When you visit the dekhona.com Sites, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. dekhona.com uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the dekhona.com Sites may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log File Information: When you use the dekhona.com Sites, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Clear GIFs Information: When you use the dekhona.com Sites, we may employ "clear GIFs" (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
Use of Information
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the dekhona.com Sites, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the dekhona.com Sites.
- Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your public profile page, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your account name and information disclosed on your public profile (not your Email address) is displayed to other Users when you upload videos or send messages through the dekhona.com Sites and other Users can contact you through messages and comments. Any videos that you submit to the dekhona.com Sites may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- We will never sell or rent your Email address but we may use your Email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out or we may use your Email address for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major dekhona.com Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the dekhona.com Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or Email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
- We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the dekhona.com Sites.
- We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
Editing and Deleting Account Information Security.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
dekhona.com does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. However, please note that if an advertiser asks dekhona.com to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, men ages 18-34) or audience segment (for example, women ages 21-29 who have viewed certain channels of content) and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the dekhona.com Sites, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
Our Commitment To Data Security
dekhona.com uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to dekhona.com and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, dekhona.com makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Our Commitment To Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, dekhona.com does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on the dekhona.com Sites from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our website is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the dekhona.com Sites at any time or in any manner. If dekhona.com learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the dekhona.com Sites without verified parental consent, then dekhona.com will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Special Note to International Users
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that dekhona.com is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
dekhona.com may update this policy at any time for any reason. If there are any significant changes to how we handle personal information we will send a notice to the primary Email address specified in your dekhona.com account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
If you have questions or suggestions please write to us at
Date Last Modified: